Oma's Summer German Potato Salad
5 lbred potatoes, steamed or boiled in skin
2 mediumcucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
3/4 tspwhite pepper
1 tspcelery salt
1/2 cred wine vinegar
2 Tbspcanola oil
1/2 cbeef buillion
1 Tbspchives, minced (optional)
How to Make Oma's Summer German Potato Salad
- Add salt to cucumbers in a medium bowl and set aside to wilt.
- Remove skin from potatoes when cool enough to handle. Slice.
- In a large bowl, lightly toss potatoes and remaining ingredients until well mixed.
- Squeeze the cucumbers in a kitchen towel to remove excess water. Add cucumbers and green onions to potato mixture and toss lightly.
- If desired, garnish with minced chives.