'Ohana Maui Scalloped Potatoes
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1 lbrusset potatoes, washed and scrubbed
2 tspkosher salt
1/4 csweet onions, thinly sliced
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 1/2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
2 Tbspparmesan cheese
1 cheavy cream
How to Make 'Ohana Maui Scalloped Potatoes
- Using a mandolin, cut potatoes ¼ inch slices. Separate potatoes that may be still stuck together and in a large bowl, toss with salt. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add to the potatoes the onions, pepper, cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Toss thoroughly. Spread into a large casserole dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Add heavy cream and toss to ensure it's evenly spread through the casserole.
- For creamier potatoes, add up to an additional ¼ to ½ cup of heavy cream.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally if desired, or until potatoes are cooked. Potatoes should be mostly soft, but still holding their shape without mashing, firm but not crunchy.
- Serve warm.