Norma's Favorite Potato Cakes
10 smallrusset potatoes, cooked and smashed or left over mashed potatoes.
1 can(s)(15-1/4oz.) can of corn, drained
1 smallonion, chopped fine
1 Tbspchopped parsley
1 Tbspgarlic salt
1cup all purpose flour
·salt and pepper to taste
·vegetable cooking spray
How to Make Norma's Favorite Potato Cakes
- Peel and cut the potatoes into quarters and place in a sauce pan and add water to cover potatoes.
- Place on stove and turn heat to med-high and let water come to a soft boil. Turn down heat if you need to so water doesn't splash on stove top.
- Test potatoes by picking with a fork. If potatoes are soft. Remove from stove and drain off the water.
- Mash potatoes and set pan on counter top to cool.
- Add all ingredients and mix well until well blended.
- Using a not-stick frying pan; spray pan; set heat at med-high and add the potato mixture to the pan using a tablespoon.
- Cook each potato cake until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and set on paper towels to drain.
- Server hot with your favorite meat's and enjoy.