Norma's Favorite Potato Cakes
- 10 small
- russet potatoes, cooked and smashed or left over mashed potatoes.
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- (15-1/4oz.) can of corn, drained
- 1 small
- onion, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic salt
- cup all purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable cooking spray
How to Make Norma's Favorite Potato Cakes
- 1Peel and cut the potatoes into quarters and place in a sauce pan and add water to cover potatoes.
- 2Place on stove and turn heat to med-high and let water come to a soft boil. Turn down heat if you need to so water doesn't splash on stove top.
- 3Test potatoes by picking with a fork. If potatoes are soft. Remove from stove and drain off the water.
- 4Mash potatoes and set pan on counter top to cool.
- 5Add all ingredients and mix well until well blended.
- 6Using a not-stick frying pan; spray pan; set heat at med-high and add the potato mixture to the pan using a tablespoon.
- 7Cook each potato cake until they are golden brown on both sides.
- 8Remove from pan and set on paper towels to drain.
- 9Server hot with your favorite meat's and enjoy.