My Mama's Tater Salad
We really never measured the ingredients, just threw them together. I have tried to approximate the measurements of the ingredients. Please add or subtract for the consistency and taste you prefer.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 medium
- potatoes, unpeeled
- eggs (any size)
- 1 c
- mayonnaise (or miracle whip - whichever you prefer)
- 2 Tbsp
- yellow mustard
- salt & pepper - to taste
- 1/4 small
- red onion, diced fine (optional)
How to Make My Mama's Tater Salad
- 1Boil potates on medium-high or high heat approximately 45 minutes or until they slide off of a fork when poked. Boil eggs approximately 30 minutes on medium high or high heat or until when held on a spoon they dry in less than 15 seconds.
- 2Allow potatoes and eggs to cool, either on the stovetop, in a cold water bath or in the refrigerator.
- 3When potatoes and eggs are cool, peel and shred the potatoes and eggs into a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise (or miracle whip), mustard, salt and pepper and stir til combined.
- 4Refrigerate at least 1 hour, serve and enjoy!!
- 5This recipe will feed 2 people. For 3 or more people, add 1-2 potatoes, 1-2 eggs per person and mayo (or miracle whip), mustard, salt and pepper to the desired consistency.