LENTEN FISHSTICK CASSEROLE
12 ozbag of frozen shredded hashbrown potatoes, thawed and drained (do not squeeze)
1 Tbsponion flakes, dehydrated
1 tspseasoning salt
1 tspdill, dried
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded - i like a little more
16 ozgood quality fish sticks - splurge here if you can
1 1/2 tspold bay seasoning
How to Make LENTEN FISHSTICK CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with PAM spray or Olive oil spray.
- Break apart hash browns with a fork; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add onion, dill, seasoned salt, old bay seasoning and salt & pepper. Stir in drained hash browns and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish; arrange fish sticks over the top taking care to place fish sticks one next to the other and completely covering the top of the casserole (you may need to use more than just 18 fish sticks).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and fish flakes with a fork.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Serve with a mild (homemade) tarter sauce and a crisp green salad.
- NOTE: I make the full recipe in a 9x13 dish and I add more cheese than the recipe calls for. I also use more fish sticks on top to cover the top of the casserole completely and I really pack them in tight on top.
Also, you may wish to try some MRS DASH instead of the seasoned salt to cut back on the sodium. Try some sliced Lemon as garnish or a slight squeeze over the top.