LENTEN FISHSTICK CASSEROLE
- 12 oz
- bag of frozen shredded hashbrown potatoes, thawed
- 2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- onion flakes, dehydrated
- 1 tsp
- dill, dried
- 1 1/4 tsp
- seasoning salt
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded - i like a little more
- 16 oz
- good quality fish sticks - splurge here if you can
How to Make LENTEN FISHSTICK CASSEROLE
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with PAM spray or Olive oil spray.
- 2Break apart hash browns with a fork; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add onion, dill, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in hash browns and cheese.
- 4Transfer to a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish; arrange fish sticks over the top taking care to place fish sticks one next to the other and completely covering the top of the casserole (you may need to use more than just 18 fish sticks).
- 5Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and fish flakes with a fork.
- 6Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Serve with a mild (homemade) tarter sauce and a crisp green salad.
- 7NOTE: I make the full recipe in a 9x13 dish and I add more cheese than the recipe calls for. I also use more fish sticks on top to cover the top of the casserole completely and I really pack them in tight on top.
Also, you may wish to try some MRS DASH instead of the seasoned salt to cut back on the sodium. Try some sliced Lemon as garnish or a slight squeeze over the top.