My Bacon Potato Salad
- potatoes, washed, skins on, cut into bite-sized pieces (any kind you like will do; i've made this with both idaho and reds)
- 2-3 stick
- celery, chopped
- 1/2 large
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, crispy & crumbled
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp
- each, salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- celery seed
- mayonnaise (enough to coat everything creamy)
How to Make My Bacon Potato Salad
- 1Fry bacon until crispy. Drain well on plate lined with paper towels. Crumble into small pieces.
- 2TIP: Using a large sharp knife, cut the strips of bacon in small pieces before frying. Saves the crumbling later.
- 3Cook potatoes in large pot of salted boiling water until just tender. Drain and add to large mixing bowl.
- 4Add the celery, onion, bacon & seasonings.
- 5Add the mayonnaise. Mix well, adding more mayo if needed to make the salad creamy.
- 6Refrigerate an hour or two to let the flavors blend.