My Bacon Potato Salad
6-8potatoes, washed, skins on, cut into bite-sized pieces (any kind you like will do; i've made this with both idaho and reds)
2-3 stickcelery, chopped
1/2 largeonion, chopped
1/2 lbbacon, crispy & crumbled
1 1/2 Tbspgarlic powder
1/2 tspeach, salt and pepper
1/4 tspcelery seed
·mayonnaise (enough to coat everything creamy)
How to Make My Bacon Potato Salad
- Fry bacon until crispy. Drain well on plate lined with paper towels. Crumble into small pieces.
- TIP: Using a large sharp knife, cut the strips of bacon in small pieces before frying. Saves the crumbling later.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of salted boiling water until just tender. Drain and add to large mixing bowl.
- Add the celery, onion, bacon & seasonings.
- Add the mayonnaise. Mix well, adding more mayo if needed to make the salad creamy.
- Refrigerate an hour or two to let the flavors blend.