Mum's Tuesday Night Spare-Ribs
Another simple recipe - I love them!
- strips of sweet & sour style pork spare-ribs (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 19 oz
- can of tomato sauce
- 1/4 c
- garlic sauce (optional - i use vh medium garlic sauce for spare-ribs)
- a few good shakes of pepper
- can corn niblets
- potatoes for mashing
How to Make Mum's Tuesday Night Spare-Ribs
- 1Preheat oven to 350F. Rinse ribs under cold water to get rid of any little bone shards..Pat dry and cut into individual ribs
- 2Put ribs in a dutch oven or small roasting pan. Pepper the ribs to taste and mix them up.
- 3Bake covered for 1 hr then remove pan from oven and drain and discard any fat in pan any SAFE way you choose.
- 4Stir ribs and return pan to oven and bake for another 1/2 hr. Do the grease thing again, if necessary.
- 5Turn oven to 325, pour tomato and garlic sauce over ribs and mix around. Return pan to oven and bake uncovered for another 1/2 hr.
- 6When done, remove from oven and carefully pour all ribs and sauce into a serving bowl or serve from pan. Serve with mashed potatoes, canned corn and lots of napkins. Cooking time, approx 2 hrs.