3 lbpotatoes, russets, scrubbed but not peeled
6 largeunpeeled garlic cloves
1 1/2 ccottage cheese, lowfat
1/2 csour cream, lite
1 1/2 tspsalt
1green onion bunch, trimmed and sliced
1/2 ccheddar cheese, grated
How to Make Mrs. Glick's Potatoes as Done by Janet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or oil.
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with cold water; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook until the potatoes are barely tender, 15 to 20 minutes; drain and let sit until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and grate them into a large bowl; set aside.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins into a food processor; add cottage cheese and process until completely smooth.
- Add sour cream, salt and pepper and process briefly to combine; add the cottage cheese mixture and scallions to the grated potatoes and mix well.
- Turn into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with grated cheddar and paprika.
- (The recipe can be prepared ahead to this point and stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.)
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.