Mostly Mom's Potato Salad
- 12 medium
- potatoes (i use 1/2 yukon gold and 1/2 red)
- 1/2 large
- sweet onion (sometimes i add more)
- 1/2 - 1 c
- dill pickles
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh dill
- hard boiled eggs (optional)
- 1/2 c
- bacon, cooked (optional)
- 2 c
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 Tbsp
- apple cider vinegar
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
How to Make Mostly Mom's Potato Salad
- 1Scrub potatoes (do not peel) and put in large pot. Add enough water to cover completely, with about an inch or so over all.
- 2Bring just to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer. Cook potatoes until just fork tender. They need to be cooked but firm. Drain off the water and set aside to cool off. I put them in the fridge to cool off a little faster.
- 3While the potatoes are cooling, make the dressing by mixing the mayonnaise and sour cream together.
- 4Mix in the vinegar and then add sugar. (2 tablespoons may be enough, taste test to see if it is) Put dressing in the fridge while you prepare the rest.
- 5Cube the potatoes (with or without the skin - I like it with) in a large bowl. Chop up the pickles, onions, fresh dill and add to the potatoes. Dice the eggs and add them as well (optional - I prefer mine without the egg). Dice the bacon and add. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Add the dressing to the potatoes and mix all together thoroughly. Enjoy!!