Mom's Potato Salad v2.0
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 5 lb
- white potatoes (waxy, not baking)
- 2 1/2 large
- ribs celery, diced
- 2 medium
- onions, finely diced
- 1/4 c
- dried parsley flakes
- hard boiled eggs (cooled, peeled & chopped)
- 16 oz
- mayonnaise (i prefer hellman's)
- 8 oz
- salad dressing (i.e. miracle whip)
- 3/4 c
- sour cream
- 2-3 Tbsp
- horseradish mustard (can substitute yellow mustard)
- salt & pepper to taste
- hard boiled eggs (cooled, peeled and sliced)
- 1 Tbsp
- sweet paprika
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
How to Make Mom's Potato Salad v2.0
- 1The day before serving: Boil whole white potatoes in salted water just until fork tender. Cool completely, then peel and cut into approx. 3/4” cubes. Place potatoes in very large mixing bowl or in roaster pan.
- 2Add diced celery and onion, parsley and eggs to potatoes; stir to combine.
- 3Combine mayo, salad dressing, sour cream, mustard and S&P in medium mixing bowl; add to potato/vegetable mixture. Stir well to coat all ingredients with dressing.
- 4Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5Day of serving: Taste. Adjust seasonings, if desired. Add extra mayo/miracle whip, or a small amount milk, if needed for good consistency.
- 6If desired, garnish with a sprinkle of paprika or parsley, and sliced hard boiled eggs.