★★★★★ 1 vote5
6-8potatoes - un-peeled
1/2 cchopped celery
1 largeonion - chopped
5sweet pickles - chopped
5dill pickles - chopped
1/2 tspcelery seed (whole)
1 cmayonaise (not salad dressing)
4hard boiled eggs - chopped
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Mom's Dutch Tater Salad
- Boil potatoes and eggs until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and let cool.
- Chop other ingredients (celery, onion, pickles). Put in large bowl & mix well.
- Add other ingredients (celery seed, mayonaise, sugar, salt & pepper) to bowl mixture.
- Peel potatoes and eggs. (The skin on the potatoes should peel off easily.)
- Chop potatoes into 1/4 in squares.
- Chop eggs and add potatoes and eggs to bowl mixture.
- Mix well with your hands, then chill the mixture.