Mom's Deluxe Mashed Potatoes
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The addition of carrots and dill make these amped up mashed potatoes simply spectacular. The Test Kitchen
- 3 lb
- potatoes, peeled
- 10 c
- chicken broth or boullion
- baby carrots (or 4 med carrots cut into 1" pieces)
- medium yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp
- dill weed
- 3/4 c
- sour cream (start with 1/2 cup and add as needed)
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped parsley
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
How to Make Mom's Deluxe Mashed Potatoes
- 1Boil potatoes in broth for 15 mins on medium high. Add carrots and onion and boil 20 more minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain in colander, let cool 3 - 4 minutes.
- 2Place cooked veg's in large bowl or back into pot to mash; add dill, sour cream, parsley, butter, salt and pepper and mash again.
- 3Place mashed veg's in a greased casserole dish, dot with an additional TBSP of butter or margarine and bake (covered) @ 325 degrees for at least 30 minutes. Take cover off the last 10 minutes if you want it a little browned on top.
Can be cooked ahead and refrigerated in casserole dish, just add additional 30 mins to bake time.