Mixed Up Sausage & Fixins Burrito
I made these about 6 a.m., but put in fridge to blend flavors and reheated for lunch in microwave.
They were a hit, so guess I'll post it to make again!
- 1 lb
- pork sausage
- green pepper
- sweet red pepper
- 1 large
- potato, peeled & diced small
- 1/2 - 3/4 stick
- butter or margarine
- 1 tsp
- mrs. dash orginial seasoning mix
- 4 large
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c
- salsa, tomato-based
- 6 (10")
- whole wheat tortillas
How to Make Mixed Up Sausage & Fixins Burrito
- 1In large skillet over medium heat, crumble sausage & cook until no longer pink, making sure sausage is broken into very small pieces. Add butter into skillet and let it melt.
- 2Finely dice peppers & potatoes, stir into skillet with sausage & cook until tender, stirring as necessary to avoid sticking. If necessary, add a little more butter to pan. Pour beaten eggs into pan, stir well to mix evenly. Cook until eggs are no longer wet, turning often with spatula, scrape the bottom of skillet to make sure you get browned bits.
- 3Meanwhile, place tortillas on paper plate with damp paper towels both over & under tortillas. Heat in microwave on 'low' heat until warmed and pliable.
- 4To assemble: Place each tortilla wrap on flat surface, spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture on center of each; top with 1-1/2 Tbsp cheese & 2 tsp. salsa. Carefully roll up, folding in sides & place each on a piece of plastic, make sure burrito is rolled tight. Repeat process with all the tortillas. Wrap each in plastic, then place all in a gallon-size zipper bag & put in fridge for several hours to blend flavors.
- 5To reheat & serve, unwrap individual burritos & arrange in spoke-design on microwave-safe plate, lay some plastic wrap over to keep from drying out. Heat for 2 minutes at 50% power, may need to rearrange them end-for-end to get ones in center of plate evenly heated.
- 6NOTE: Microwave used was 1100 W, if yours is higher or lower wattage, you may have to adjust time for reheating.