Mashed Sweet Potatoes With Brown Sugar And Pecans
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1 cgolden brown sugar, packed
1/2 cpecans, chopped (about 2 oz)
1/4 cbutter, chilled, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
3 Tbsppure maple syrup
5 lbred-skinned sweet potatoes (yams), peeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
2 Tbspvanilla extract
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
How to Make Mashed Sweet Potatoes With Brown Sugar And Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix sugar, pecans and butter in small bowl.
- Cover and chill until ready to use. (Can be made up to 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Butter 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
- Cook sweet potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until very tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain. Let stand in colander 15 minutes.
- Puree sweet potatoes in processor.
- Beat eggs, syrup, vanilla, lemon juice and salt in large bowl.
- Mix in pureed sweet potatoes.
- Transfer sweet potato mixture to prepared dish. Sprinkle pecan topping evenly over mixture.
- Bake until sweet potato mixture is set and topping bubbles, about 1 hour.
- Let stand 15 minutes and serve.