Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Cilantro
- 2 lb
- sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 to 3/4 c
- coconut milk, heated (amount needed varies by brand)
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp
- chicken flavor bouillon (powder)
- 1/8 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c
- fully cooked smoked bacon, cut into small pieces and sauteed
- salt and peper to taste
- 1/3 c
- fresh cilantro, chopped
How to Make Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Cilantro
- 1Boil sweet potatoes in a large pot of cold salted water until very tender. Drain. Let stand in colander 2-5 minutes. Purée sweet potatoes with a potato ricer or masher; then, stir in the coconut milk until mixture is homogeneous and creamy.
- 2Add the garlic and chicken bouillon powder, nutmeg, sauteed bacon, salt and pepper; stir well.
- 3Before serving, stir the cilantro.