Mashed Red Potatos with Garlic & Parsley
I also ALWAYS make a double batch for two reasons: one - my sister eats it at night before bed and two - these make great potato fritters. I'll add the recipe for the fritters, so think of this as a two in one recipe.
5 lbred potatoes, peeled or not (i always peel, family prefers them that way)
16 ozsour cream
8 ozsour cream (you may not use all of it, but i like my potatos creamy, so always add a bit more)
5 Tbspdried parsley (this is an rough estimate, add how much you like and play around with it.)
5 - 6garlic cloves, pressed in a garlic press. (add more or less as you like.)
1 1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese (like above, add more or less)
3 Tbsponion flakes, dehydrated
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Mashed Red Potatos with Garlic & Parsley
- Fill a large pot with water and salt, bring to boil.
- While water boils, peal (or not) and quarter potatoes. (( With smaller ones, half'em and with larger ones cut into smaller pieces. ))
- Add to water and boil until tender.
- While potatoes boil, in a bowl, add sour cream, parsly, onion, garlic, and parmsan cheese. Stir well. Taste and decide if it needs more ingriedents and finally add salt and pepper to taste. (( I always got a little heavy on pepper. )) [[ My sister says this also makes a get veggie dip or chip dip. ]]
- Once potatoes are done, add sour cream mixture and butter to potoates and mash until it's to the texture you desire. (( I like mine lumpy. ))
Add - On's
Cheese (( Pepper Jack tastes great. ))