"Mashed Potatoes Made Ahead"
5 lbpotatoes, i used baking potatoes they are bigger.
1 Csour cream**
8 oz pkgcream cheese, softened**
1 tspsalt, . . or to your taste
·** means ok to use reduced fat versions
How to Make "Mashed Potatoes Made Ahead"
- Rinse, scrub and peel potatoes. Cut into 2" pieces.
Place in stock pot. Cover with water, Boil til fork tender. about 20 min.
- Drain Potatoes,
Add remaining ingredients.
- Mash and Mix well, (You may want to use a hand or stand Mixer)
Taste Test and adjust salt as necessary.
- Transfer to Shallow Baking dish.
Cover with Foil.
Keep warm in Oven or refrigerate or freeze at this Point. Makes 10 - 12 Servings
- Preheat Oven 350 F Bake for 30-45 min. or till hot.
- Note: Can be frozen and served a week later, No Problem. Will keep in refer Sevferal days.
Great Make-A-Head Idea for over the Holidays.