"Mashed Potatoes Made Ahead"
- 5 lb
- potatoes, i used baking potatoes they are bigger.
- 1 stick
- 1 C
- sour cream**
- 8 oz pkg
- cream cheese, softened**
- 1 tsp
- salt, . . or to your taste
- ** means ok to use reduced fat versions
How to Make "Mashed Potatoes Made Ahead"
- 1Rinse, scrub and peel potatoes. Cut into 2" pieces.
Place in stock pot. Cover with water, Boil til fork tender. about 20 min.
- 2Drain Potatoes,
Add remaining ingredients.
- 3Mash and Mix well, (You may want to use a hand or stand Mixer)
Taste Test and adjust salt as necessary.
- 4Transfer to Shallow Baking dish.
Cover with Foil.
Keep warm in Oven or refrigerate or freeze at this Point. Makes 10 - 12 Servings
- 5Preheat Oven 350 F Bake for 30-45 min. or till hot.
- 6Note: Can be frozen and served a week later, No Problem. Will keep in refer Sevferal days.
Great Make-A-Head Idea for over the Holidays.