Mashed potatoes,caramelized onions & Guyere cheese
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 large
- sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar ( i use the light version)
- 2 lb
- potatoes, peeled & cubed ( i like to use russet for their texture)
- 1 lb
- parsnips, peeled & cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth, heated
- 1/4 c
- grated guyere cheese. ( i use 1/2 cup of cheese, i love guyere)
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped fresh thyme
How to Make Mashed potatoes,caramelized onions & Guyere cheese
- 1heat oil on high heat; reduce to medium
- 2cook onions with sugar & salt, stirring often until onions brown...about 20 to 25 mins. Add a few tbsp. of water as the onions cook so as to not burn or stick to pan.
- 3Fill a medium pot 3/4 full of cold water, add potatoes & parsnips. bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to a simmer & continue cooking potatoes & parsnips for 20 to 25 mins till they become fork tender, then drain.
- 4Beat 1/4 of potato-parsnip mixture and 3 oz broth in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- 5Repeat, alternating between potato-parsnip mixture and broth, until you've incorporated all.
- 6Fold in onions, cheese and thyme, and serve.