Mashed Potato Salad
1/4 cpickle relish, sweet
1/4 colives with pimiento, finely chopped
1 largeonion, finely diced
1/4 cdijonnaise creamy dijon mustard
2eggs, hard boiled
2 Tbspbutter, room temperature
1/4 tspgarlic powder, more or less to taste
2 tspcelery salt
1green pepper, finely diced (optional)
1/4 csour cream (optional)
·seasoning salt, to taste
·black pepper, to taste
How to Make Mashed Potato Salad
- Cube potatoes, if desired you may peel them although I don't.
- Place potatoes and eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and place cooked potatoes in a large bowl. Peel eggs.
- Mash potatoes and eggs with butter and garlic powder, celery salt, seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
- Once mashed stir in the mayonnaise, and mustard mixing well.
- Stir in the olives, onions, and pickle relish, (and green pepper).
- If the mixture is too thick loosen with sour cream and/or pickle relish juice.
- For presentation, sprinkle a little paprika on top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. It is even better the next day.