Mashed Potato Patties (for the convection toaster oven)
2 cmashed potatoes
1 Tbspgarlic powder
2 Tbspground chia seed (or one egg beaten)
1/4 citalian bread crumbs (and more for coating the pattie)
2green onions, chopped small
·salt and pepper to taste
·oil for your hands
How to Make Mashed Potato Patties (for the convection toaster oven)
- Preheat your toaster oven to 400'F. Put on the convection setting.
- Prepare a small foil lined pan and spray it with oil. I used coconut oil because it doesn't go rancid at high temperatures. Set aside.
- Grind up your chia seeds in a coffee mill until powdery. Put the ground up chia seed in a small bowl and add the 2 tbsp. water. Give it a good stir until its a thick gooey mixture. Now if you don't have chia seeds just use one egg. If you use the egg beat it up until smooth.
- Put the mashed potatoes into your food processor and add the chia seed (or egg) bread crumbs and garlic powder.
- Process until smooth. Remove to a medium bowl and add the chopped green onions and salt and pepper. Give it a good mix and a taste.
- Oil your hands and make 6 small patties. Coat each with more Italian bread crumbs.
- Put the patties on your prepared pan and spray the tops with some oil.
- Bake in your prepared oven for 20-25 minutes. Check on them to make sure they are turning a nice golden colour.
- Let them cool down in the baking pan or until you are ready to eat them. They are delicate and can break easily.