Mashed Potato Patties (for the convection toaster oven)
- 2 c
- mashed potatoes
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp
- ground chia seed (or one egg beaten)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- italian bread crumbs (and more for coating the pattie)
- green onions, chopped small
- salt and pepper to taste
- spray oil
- oil for your hands
How to Make Mashed Potato Patties (for the convection toaster oven)
- 1Preheat your toaster oven to 400'F. Put on the convection setting.
- 2Prepare a small foil lined pan and spray it with oil. I used coconut oil because it doesn't go rancid at high temperatures. Set aside.
- 3Grind up your chia seeds in a coffee mill until powdery. Put the ground up chia seed in a small bowl and add the 2 tbsp. water. Give it a good stir until its a thick gooey mixture. Now if you don't have chia seeds just use one egg. If you use the egg beat it up until smooth.
- 4Put the mashed potatoes into your food processor and add the chia seed (or egg) bread crumbs and garlic powder.
- 5Process until smooth. Remove to a medium bowl and add the chopped green onions and salt and pepper. Give it a good mix and a taste.
- 6Oil your hands and make 6 small patties. Coat each with more Italian bread crumbs.
- 7Put the patties on your prepared pan and spray the tops with some oil.
- 8Bake in your prepared oven for 20-25 minutes. Check on them to make sure they are turning a nice golden colour.
- 9Let them cool down in the baking pan or until you are ready to eat them. They are delicate and can break easily.