Mashed Potato Casserole
5 slicebacon, diced
2 1/2 lbyukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 clovegarlic, smashed
1/4 cheavy cream
2 Tbspunsalted butter
1/4 cfresh chives, chopped
·salt to taste
1/2 csour cream
1/2 ccream cheese
1 cshredded cheddar
·black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
How to Make Mashed Potato Casserole
- Preheat oven to 425. Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat til crisp; drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Boil potatoes and garlic in large pan of salted water, covered, til fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return to pan over medium heat, stirring 1 minute to evaporate excess moisture.
- Mash potatoes with cream, butter and chives; season with salt. transfer mashed potatoes to an 8 inch baking dish. sprinkle bacon over potatoes.
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese and cheddar; season with black pepper and cayenne. Spread cheese mixture over potatoes. Bake casserole til cheese i golden and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.