Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- 4-5 lb
- red potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 1 - 8 oz
- package of cream cheese
- 1 c
- half and half or cream
- 1/2 c
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp
- sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp
- chives, chopped, or 2 tsp dried
How to Make Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- 1While potatoes are still warm, add cream cheese, half and half, butter, salt, pepper and chives.
- 2Mash and whip well. Place in buttered casserole. Refrigerate over night or up to 3 days.
- 3Remove from refrigerator 1/2 an hour before baking. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until top is a golden brown.