- 4 lb
- sweet potatoes (about 7 medium)
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 c
- pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp
- salt and a tiny pinch of pepper
- small marshmallows , enough to cover top, about 1/2 package
- 1/2 c
- light brown sugar (optional,for sweeter version-i usually do this)
How to Make Maple Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven 400
- 2Poke potatoes all over w/ fork tines. Place all on rimmed baking sheet.
Bake 1hour or until tender.
- 3When cool enough to handle, halve potatoes.
Scoop out flesh with spoon.
- 4Put in food processor.
Add melted butter & Maple Syrup, (optional) Brown Sugar, salt n pepper.
Process until creamy.
Transfer to pie dish. (no pie crust)
Place halved pecans in a decorative way on top.
Place back in oven for 15 minutes to reheat and toast pecans.
Pour marshmallows over this and bake another few minutes so to melt marshmallows and toast them to a golden brown.