"Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes"
Reminder: Be sure you remove these from your freezer the day before you need them, and set out at room temp 30 min before going into the oven. This way they have time to thaw. Then they will be ready for your oven.
- 3 1/2 Lbs
- 1 pkg
- herbed cream cheese (8oz)
- 3/4 C
- sour cream
- 1/2 C
- green onions, chopped
- 2 TBS
- butter, melted
- 1/2 Tsp
- salt and pepper
How to Make "Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes"
- 1peel and cut potatoes in large chunks. Place in large pot of salted water, Bring to Boil, Cover and reduce heat to simmer cook about 15 min, or till fork tender.
Drain potatoes well. place back on burner on low, to dry off any excess water.
- 2Mash Potatoes well.
- 3In large Bowl, Beat cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, Onions, Butter, Salt and pepper till smooth.
Fold into Mashed potatoes, combine well.
- 4Spoon into greased 11X 7 baking dish.
Note: at this Point potatoes can either be referigerated for up to 2-3 days, or frozen for up to 1 week. If you freeze the recipe, thaw it slowly in the refer for 1-2 days, then let stand for 30 min @ room temp before baking @ 350 for 45-50 min, or till heated through.
Top with additional green onion or Cheese before serving.
- 5NOTE: Can be made up to a week ahead of time over the holidays, to save you some time with your guests.
Top with grated cheddar cheese, Parmesan Cheese or Mix your favorite cheeses for the last 10 min of your baking time.
Top with a sprinkle of additional green onions, or even a few bacon bits. These are attractive on any dinner table.