Maddy's Amazing Potato Salad
3 largepotatoes (golds, russets your choice)
3 largehard boiled eggs
1/4 mediumsweet onion
1 stalk(s)celery chopped
2 largeheaping tablespoons of mayonnaise
1 tspheaping teaspoon of plain yellow mustard
1 tspdried dill flakes
2-3 pkgartificial sweetner
How to Make Maddy's Amazing Potato Salad
- Boil 3 Large whole potatoes (skin still on) until they are slightly tender. I like russets and they hold together well. I stick a fork in them to see if it slides in easily, and then they are done. Boil 3 large eggs, and then set the whole potatoes and eggs in the refrigerator for an hour until they are cool.
- Peel the potatoes after they are cool. I scrape them using the back of a butter knife as the skins will easily peel right off that way using that method. Cut the potatoes down the middle length wise, and then slice thinly. (about 1/8 inch slices.) Put them in a bowl.
- Peel the eggs and then slice using an egg slicer or knife until they are about 1/8 of an inch thick. Add them to the bowl.
- Chop a stalk of celery into small pieces and slice 1/4 sweet onion into thin pieces. Add both to the bowl that has the potatoes and eggs in it.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, dill flakes and 2-3 packs of artificial sweetener until combined. I use artificial sweetener to avoid the grainy taste of regular sugar. Add this mixture to the bowl with the other ingredients and stir until blended.
- You can add more or less artificial sweetener depending on your taste. This recipe tastes best with the dill and sweeter have the perfect savory/sweet taste.
- Serve at room temperature.