Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium
- sweet potatoes, par-boiled, refrigerated
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- unsalted butter
- 1/3-1/2 c
- crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 tsp
- orange zest
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- pinch of coarse sea salt
How to Make Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 1Par-boil potatoes about 15-20 min., Cool, refrigerate, for a few hours or overnight.
- 2Peel skin off (using a fork is an easy way). Slice into 1/4" rounds. Spray bottom of baking dish with non-stick spray and place potatoes in layers until all potatoes are used.
- 3In med. sauce pan, add brown sugar, honey, molasses, butter, cinnamon, pinch of salt & black pepper. Heat till sugar is melted, stir till well combined.
- 4In med. mixing bowl or a food processor, combine softened butter, brown sugar, graham crackers, to make a crumbly topping.
- 5Pour syrup over potatoes, sprinkle with pecans, drop pcs. of graham cracker mix over top, sprinkle with pecans again.
- 6Bake uncovered 350 degrees for 30-45 min. Cool a few minutes then serve.