Candied Sweet Potatoes
3 mediumsweet potatoes, par-boiled, refrigerated
1/4 cbrown sugar
1/4 cunsalted butter
1/3-1/2 ccrushed graham crackers
1/4 tsporange zest
1/2 tspblack pepper
·pinch of coarse sea salt
How to Make Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Par-boil potatoes about 15-20 min., Cool, refrigerate, for a few hours or overnight.
- Peel skin off (using a fork is an easy way). Slice into 1/4" rounds. Spray bottom of baking dish with non-stick spray and place potatoes in layers until all potatoes are used.
- In med. sauce pan, add brown sugar, honey, molasses, butter, cinnamon, orange zest, pinch of salt & black pepper. Heat till sugar is melted, stir till well combined.
- In med. mixing bowl or a food processor, combine softened butter, brown sugar, graham crackers, to make a crumbly topping.
- Pour syrup over potatoes, sprinkle with pecans, drop pcs. of graham cracker mix over top, sprinkle with pecans again.
- Bake uncovered 350 degrees for 30-45 min. Cool a few minutes then serve.