loaded Yukon Gold Mashed Potato Balls
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 medium
- yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 slice
- 2/3 c
- sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- green onions minced
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- arrowroot starch
- 2 large
- eggs beaten
- 2 c
- panko breadcrumbs
- oil for deep frying
How to Make loaded Yukon Gold Mashed Potato Balls
- 1Cook the potatoes in boiling water until soft. Cook the bacon in a skillet and drain on paper towels and then chop into tiny pieces.
- 2Mash the potatoes with the butter and sour cream adding more sour cream if needed to get the right consistency. Don't make it to runny. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add the bacon, green onions and cheese. Refrigerate for 1 hour until cold. Roll into balls about the size of a golf ball. Set aside on wax paper lined baking sheet. Heat the oil for frying.
- 4Get three shallow dishes in one place the arrowroot starch the other the beaten eggs and the last one the Panko.
Roll each ball in the arrowroot then the egg then the Panko.
Work in batches and deep fry until golden.