·1 (28oz.) bag seasoned potatoe puffs (these can be found in the freezer section at your local grocer)
·3/4 cup sour cream (plus a little dollop more for garnish)
·4oz. can diced green chilies
·4 strips cooked bacon, chopped
·3 green onions, minced
·8oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
·freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
How to Make Loaded Potato Puff Dip, Dakota Style!
- Let's get started...bake potato puffs according to directions.
- Lower oven heat to 375-degrees and let puffs cool for about 10-12 minutes. While puffs are cooling, grease a 9x9 baking dish---set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potato puffs, sour cream, green chilies, bacon, green onions and half of the shredded cheese. NOTE: the potato puffs will break down when mixing - THAT' OKAY!
- Transfer potato puff mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips and an extra dollop of sour cream on top! All I can say is YUMMMM!!!