Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 5 lb
- 3/4 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, room temperature
- 3 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 8 oz
- bacon, fried and crumbled
- green onions, thinly sliced including the green part
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1preheat oven to 350'
Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- 2Add the sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium-low speed until light and fluffy.
- 3Fold in 2 cups cheese, bacon and onions.
- 4Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted
- 5Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Loaded Mashed Potatoes in Country Woman January/February 2001, p31