Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
- 5 lb
- potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/3 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (12 oz), divided
- 1/2 lb
- sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- green onions, sliced
How to Make Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- 1Place potatoes in a Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender. Drain, place in a mixing bowl and add sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- 2Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in 2 cups of cheese, the bacon and the onions.
- 3Transfer to a greased 3-quart baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.