Loaded Company Potatoes a/k/a Hashbrown Casserole
- 1 lb bag frozen hashbrown potatoes
- green onions or 1/2 med yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 can(s)
- sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 5 slice
- bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom or chicken soup, fat-free
- 8 oz
- sour cream with chives or sour cream (lite)
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, fat free/low fat
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c
- margarine or butter, melted
- 1 1/2 c
- ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- nonstick cooking spray
How to Make Loaded Company Potatoes a/k/a Hashbrown Casserole
- 1Spray 9x13 baking dish or foil pan with cooking spray then spread hashbrowns and diced onion evenly.
- 2In a medium bowl combine soup, sour cream and cream cheese heat in microwave for 3 minutes just so it is easily stirred together well. Then pour mixture over hashbrowns.
- 3Stir in 1/2 shredded Cheddar Cheese and 1/2 of bacon. Top with the other half of cheese & bacon.
- 4In separate microwave bowl melt butter for approximately 1 minute and stir in crushed crackers and garlic powder for flavor. Sprinkle the cracker mixture over the hashbrown casserole
- 5Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes to crisp of cracker topping.
- 6**When I grill steaks this is something I serve but I replace the bacon with 2-3T diced jalepeno peppers, change the cheese to pepper jack and use pepper jack flavored Cheez It crackers for the topping. Also double the whole recipe except for the cracker topping to feed a crowd. 16 or more people!