Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Even my pickiest eaters love this recipe. I never have leftovers!
- 5 lb
- red potatoes, unpeeled, washed and pierced with fork several times on each side
- 1 lb
- bacon, crisply cooked and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 c
- chopped green onion (i use a little more)
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- sour cream (reg or low fat)
- 1 c
- salt and pepper
- olive oil or olive oil spray
How to Make Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 1Preheat oven to 400
- 2Lightly brush potatoes with olive oil before baking.
Bake until soft, about one hour.
- 3Reheat oven to 400F.
Cut potatoes into one inch cubes.
Lightly oil baking pan with olive oil or oil spray.
Place potato cubes into single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt (I use sea salt for more flavor) and pepper to taste. Return to 400F oven for 5 - 8 minutes until cubes are just barely roasted. I prefer not to let mine brown at all-- just "firm" up.
- 4Cool just for a minute or two. Put potato cubes into large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and gently but thoroughly combine. Eat hot or refrigerate until cool/cold.
- 5Makes about 2 qts.
Note: Any condiments or toppings typically added to a loaded baked potato may be used for this recipe