Lemony Oven Fries
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/3 c
- olive oil
- 1 large
- lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c
- fresh italian flat leaf parsley sprigs
- 20oz. pkg. frozen french-fried shoestring potatoes (about 5 cups)
- coarse sea salt
- lemon wedges
How to Make Lemony Oven Fries
- 1In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Carefully add lemon slices. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until lemon begins to brown. Use tongs to turn lemon slices. Add the parsley to the oil. Cook for 20 to 30 seconds more or until parsley is crisp.
- 2Remove lemon slices and parsley with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Reserve the lemon flavored oil (you should have about 3 tablespoons).
- 3In a large bowl toss frozen shoestring potatoes with the reserved oil until coated. Place potatoes in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake according to the package directions or until the potatoes are browned and crisp, stirring occasionally.
- 4To serve,toss lemon and parsley with the hot fries. Sprinkle generously with sea salt. squeeze lemon wedges over fries. Serve immediately. Makes 5 cups.