How to Make Leek Rosti
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water and season with salt. Over medium heat, bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the water and cool completely. Peel the potatoes and pass through a coarse grater.
- In a large non-stick sauté pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the leeks. Season with salt and white pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon or spatula, press the potato mixture firmly into the pan. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the potatoes are crispy and golden brown.
- Using a spatula, flip the potato cake over and continue cooking the other side. Add more butter if needed.
- Remove from the pan and slice into individual servings.