Lauren's Sweet Potato Casserole
This requested dish has been a requested dish for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas –or any pot luck dinner, whether I have others over to my place or I go to someone else’s place. Even if you do not like sweet potatoes, give this a try –you will love it.
- yam patties (2 pkgs)**
- 2 stick
- butter or margarine
- 2 c
- light brown sugar
- 2 c
- rice krispies
- 1 small can(s)
- evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
- 4 tsp
- cinnamon (2 t. for yam mixture; 2 t. for topping
How to Make Lauren's Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1Melt 1 stick butter or margarine, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and the milk together.
Mash ingredients into yams in a bowl.
- 2Spread into casserole dish.
Spread topping on top.
Melt 1 stick butter or margarine and 1 cup brown sugar. Add 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 2 cups Rice Krispies and 1 cup pecans. Mix well and spread over yams.
- 4Bake 35 minutes at 375 degrees.
* I sometimes double the topping, especially if I use a long casserole dish.
** The Yam Patties come 8 to the package (You need 2 pkgs), and are packed flat in a styrofoam meat tray. You will find them in either the freezer or refrigerated section (with the potatoes). Different stores keep them different places -you may have to ask.