How to Make Kentucky Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
- 1Fresh sweet potatoes, cooked until soft and then peeled, can be substituted for the vacuum packed ones.
- 2Don't use drained, canned in syrup as they are too moist.
- 3Preheat oven to 350.
- 4Put sweet potatoes in a large heavy saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- 5Mash sweet potatoes.
- 6Add sugar, bourbon, butter and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- 7Turn into a 2-quart, shallow baking dish.
- 8Sprinkle marshmallows over top.
- 9Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until marshmallows are golden.