How to Make Kentucky Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
- Fresh sweet potatoes, cooked until soft and then peeled, can be substituted for the vacuum packed ones.
- Don't use drained, canned in syrup as they are too moist.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put sweet potatoes in a large heavy saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Mash sweet potatoes.
- Add sugar, bourbon, butter and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Turn into a 2-quart, shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until marshmallows are golden.