Kartoffelsuppe - German Potato Soup
I love this food at this time of year; its the perfect warming yummy-for-the-tummy food!
1medium yellow onion
4celery stalks, with leaves
2 Tbspvegetable oil
2 Tbspunsalted butter
1/2 chalf and half
How to Make Kartoffelsuppe - German Potato Soup
- Peel potaotes and chop into small cubes.
- Roughly chop onion and celery into medium-small chunks. In a sautee pan heated with the oil, add those vegetables and lightly sautee for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer veggies to a large pot and add just enough water to cover the veggies (about 2-3 cups water).
- Add salt, vegeta and mix. Add bay leaf. Let boil until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf. Drain vegetables, reserving the liquid. Mash veggies while slowly adding back half of the liquid to them. Add butter while mashing. Add milk and half and half until you reach the consistency you want.
- Lovely top top with some dill, parsley or rosemary when serving! Also good if you want to add some chopped kielbasa, or leave half of the potato cubes UNmashed.