★★★★★ 1 vote5
6red potatoes, peeled and sliced
1/2 tspblack pepper
3 Tbspcanola oil
How to Make Juicy Potatoes
- Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Place seasoned potatoes in a cast iron skillet with the canola oil over medium heat.
- Cook for 10 minutes; stirring every 5 minutes. If you hear the potatoes sizzling, you will need to stir and maybe reduce the heat some.
- When the potatoes brown, scrape the bottom of the pot and add the water. Stir to mix.
- Cover immediately. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender (about 3 - 5 minutes). Stir to keep the potatoes from sticking.