★★★★★ 1 vote5
- red potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1/2 c
How to Make Juicy Potatoes
- 1Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- 2Place seasoned potatoes in a cast iron skillet with the canola oil over medium heat.
- 3Cook for 10 minutes; stirring every 5 minutes. If you hear the potatoes sizzling, you will need to stir and maybe reduce the heat some.
- 4When the potatoes brown, scrape the bottom of the pot and add the water. Stir to mix.
- 5Cover immediately. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender (about 3 - 5 minutes). Stir to keep the potatoes from sticking.