Jim's Sweet-Sour Yams1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Jim's Sweet-Sour Yams
- 1Drain liquid from pineapple chunks and sweet potatoes into 2-quart microwavable pan.
- 2Peel kiwi fruit, cut into quarters, length-wise, and slice thinly.
- 3Cut pineapple chunks into quarters.
- 4Add brown sugar and corn starch to liquid in pan; mix well.
- 5Add butter and raisins.
- 6Microwave at 60% for 3 minutes, or until butter is melted; mix well.
- 7Add pineapple and kiwi fruit.
- 8Microwave at 80% for 5 minutes.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Microwave at 80% for 5 minutes more, or until sauce begins to thicken.
- 11Add sweet potatoes.
- 12Mix well, but gently, so as not to break up potatoes.
- 13Microwave at 80% for 5 minutes.
- 14Let stand 3 minutes; stir before serving.