Jeanne's Shepherd's Pie
4 largepotatoes, peeled and cubed
2 lbground beef
1 largeonion, chopped
1 can(s)(28 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1/3 ccanola oil
1 tspgarlic salt
1 tspblack pepper
8 - 12 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Jeanne's Shepherd's Pie
- In a 3 qt sauce pan, put the potatoes and just cover with water. Add salt and boil the potatoes for @ 25 minutes or until tender. Drain, add butter, salt and pepper to taste to make mashed potatoes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Add the chopped onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and garlic salt and pepper. Cook until meat is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn and continue to cook until the corn is heated. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Spread the meat mixture into the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- Cover the meat mixture with the mashed potatoes. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the potatoes.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a 400 degree F oven or until cheese has melted.