Jeanne's Shepherd's Pie
- 4 large
- potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- (28 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/3 c
- canola oil
- 1 tsp
- garlic salt
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 8 - 12 oz
- cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Jeanne's Shepherd's Pie
- 1In a 3 qt sauce pan, put the potatoes and just cover with water. Add salt and boil the potatoes for @ 25 minutes or until tender. Drain, add butter, salt and pepper to taste to make mashed potatoes.
- 2While the potatoes are boiling, heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Add the chopped onions and cook until translucent.
- 3Add the ground beef and garlic salt and pepper. Cook until meat is browned, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add the corn and continue to cook until the corn is heated. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- 5Spread the meat mixture into the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- 6Cover the meat mixture with the mashed potatoes. Spread evenly.
- 7Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the potatoes.
- 8Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a 400 degree F oven or until cheese has melted.