JAMIE'S GRILLED HOBO POTATOES
This is my favorite way to make a side dish of my new red potatoes, while grilling out.
You may serve these with your favorite bbq meal. Tonight I was in the mood for an old fashioned plain cheese burger. Served with a fresh side of stewed squash out of the garden today.
- pound or half pound of bacon
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 large
- sweet vidalia onion
- cloves of fresh grated garlic
- 5 large
- new red potatoes with the skin on
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper , optional
How to Make JAMIE'S GRILLED HOBO POTATOES
- 3When bacon is done take up and add the grated garlic, let cook a few seconds'
- 4Wash the potatoes well and remove any bad spots but do not need to peel.
With a mandolin or if you can do this by hand, slice the potatoes in circles.
- 5Slice the onion up in slices loose.
- 6Now add the potatoes in the pan then the onion. Salt and pepper to taste. I like to add a little red pepper too. Let cook stirring them often and do not allow to burn. Add the bacon back whole when the potatoes a feeling tender. As potatoes are cooking stir and keep it up so not to burn and if need add a little more olive oil, depending on how much your bacon grease renders in pan.