Jaded Potato Salad
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- potato, cooked whole in skin... in salted water
- equal amounts of a good mayonnaise and sour cream
- finely chopped red onion (about 1/4 of a onion for a pound of potato)
- chopped chives, or flat leaf parsley or a mix of the 2
- hard boiled eggs
- optional extras... crispy bacon, diced capsicum, other herbs if you like, chilli flakes
How to Make Jaded Potato Salad
- 1Cook the potatoes, skin and all, in a large pot of salted water. Slowly simmer the potatoes till cooked. Now here you have a choice to either leave the skin on the potatoes or peel them. Cut the potatoes into largish chunks and set aside whilst you make the dressing.
- 2Mix equal amounts of a good mayonnaise and sour cream with the finely chopped onion, chives/parsley, pepper and if you are adding any of the other options.
- 3Pour over the still hot potato and stir gently. Potatoes need to be hot so they soak in some of the dressing. Scatter chopped up hard boiled eggs over the top and gently mix again. Keep in fridge till cold. I like to make this the day before I am serving it as some times it needs more dressing once it has cooled.
- 4Sprinkle top with paprika for colour.... Enjoy!