Italian Sausage and Potatoes
1 1/2 - 2 lbitalian sausage out of the casing...i use sweet
2medium onions, sliced
1 Tbspflat leaf parsley, fresh and chopped (or you can use dry...but then be sure to use less)
1 Tbspkosher salt
1 tspblack pepper (or to taste)
1/2 tspbasil, dried
How to Make Italian Sausage and Potatoes
- Brown sausage in a very large fry pan breaking it up with a wooden spoon. When it is no longer pink, remove the sausage to a large oven proof casserole dish. Leave the oil from the sausage in the pan.
- While the sausage is frying, cut the potatoes into quarters length-wise and then slice into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place the cut up potatoes into the fry pan and cook on medium/high heat (you can add a tablespoon of oil if necessary). Keep an eye on the potatoes and toss them every few minutes so they don't burn. You just want them to be golden brown.
- When the potatoes are half way cooked (maybe about 10 minutes), add the sliced onion and season with the salt, pepper and basil. Mix occassionally and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Place the potatoes/onions in the casserole with the sausage and mix.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove the foil and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little more fresh parsley and serve.
- NOTE: You can have this as a Main Course with a salad and Italian bread or as a side dish. You can also add peas before placing in the oven.