Idaho Potato Pillows
How to Make Idaho Potato Pillows
- Boil potatoes with the salt, in the peel, until thoroughly cooked. Peel when still warm. Grate through a fine grater. Place in a large bowl.
- Make a hole (or well) in the center and drop in the eggs. With your fingers, work eggs into potatoes, only slightly.
- Drizzle with the butter. Sprinkle with all of the flour and pepper. Now quickly work into a medium soft dough. Do not overwork.
- Divide dough into 4 parts. Generously dust counter with flour and with a rolling pin, roll dough out to a 1/8" thickness. With a dough cutter or pairing knife, cut into 3" triangles.
- Heat frying oil to 350°. Place triangles into oil and constantly spoon hot oil over them. Brown and turn to brown other side. (Note: If pillows do not puff fully, the oil is either too hot or not hot enough.) Place in one layer only onto a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with extra salt. Serve at once with the following sauces: pineapple chutney sauce, guacamole, or tomato and cilantro salsa.