Hungarian Potato and Egg Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 csour cream
2eggs, hard boiled and sliced
2 Tbspbread crumbs, dry
How to Make Hungarian Potato and Egg Casserole
- Heat 1 inch salted water (1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling; add potatoes.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and cover and cook until tender.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Cook onion in oil until tender; mix onion, oil, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch slices; gently mix potatoes and sour cream mixture.
- Arrange half the potatoes in greased 10x6x1 1/2 inch baking dish or 1 1/2 quart casserole; arrange eggs on top and add remaining potatoes.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and paprika; bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees until light brown, 30 to 40 minutes, then garnish with snipped parsley if desired.