Hungarian Potato and Egg Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1.5 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- bread crumbs, dry
How to Make Hungarian Potato and Egg Casserole
- 1Heat 1 inch salted water (1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling; add potatoes.
- 2Heat to boiling; reduce heat and cover and cook until tender.
- 3Drain and cool slightly.
- 4Cook onion in oil until tender; mix onion, oil, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- 5Peel potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch slices; gently mix potatoes and sour cream mixture.
- 6Arrange half the potatoes in greased 10x6x1 1/2 inch baking dish or 1 1/2 quart casserole; arrange eggs on top and add remaining potatoes.
- 7Sprinkle with bread crumbs and paprika; bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees until light brown, 30 to 40 minutes, then garnish with snipped parsley if desired.