Hot Potato Salad
I double the recipe when I'm having more than 5 people for dinner.
6peeled, diced and cooked potatoes
6slices cooked bacon
1/4 cgreen pepper, diced
3/4 conion, diced
1 1/4 cwater
How to Make Hot Potato Salad
- Peel and dice potatoes. Boil till tender ~ 12 minutes.
Place potatoes in a large greased baking dish.
- Fry bacon in frying pan, remove from grease and drain on paper towel. *Save the bacon grease*
Crumble bacon once cool and set aside.
- Dice onions and peppers & saute onions and peppers in bacon grease till tender. Remove from heat.
- Mix flour, sugar and salt together. Add to the onion and green pepper mixture. Stir till blended (will be thick).
- Stir in water and vinegar. Return to heat and boil for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture over potatoes. Crumble bacon on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. The longer you let the potatoes sit before baking the more flavor they have :)
I like to make the potatoes the day before so they are nice and flavorful. If you do that the potatoes take longer in the oven to get hot.