★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 medium
- 6 slice
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- celery seed
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
How to Make Hot German Potato Salad
- 1Place 4 medium or 6 small potatoes (I like Yukon Golds or Red Skinned) in a large pot. Make sure to fill with enough water to cover potatoes, ring water to a boil over med-high heat. Cook until potatoes are fork tender, 25-30 minutes, drain well. Once cool enough to handle cut potatoes into cubes or slices. Whatever you prefer.
- 2While potatoes are boiling, fry six slices of bacon in large skillet over med-high heat. Once crispy lay on paper towels to drain, crumble when dry. Save bacon grease for sauce.
- 3Pour bacon grease into 9x9 baking dish. Mix in flour, sugar, salt, pepper & celery seed. Make sure there are no clumps in mixture. Heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Stir in water & vinegar mixture. Heat in microwave until boiling.
- 5Add potatoes & crumbled bacon to wet ingredients, mix thoroughly. Heat in microwave for another 2-4 minutes to thicken sauce up.