1/2 lbpotatoes, sliced into 1/8 inch
2 tspvegetable oil
1 lbmushrooms, sliced
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
3/4 cmilk, low-fat
1 Tbspfresh parsley, minced
How to Make Homestyle Scalloped Potatoes And Mushrooms
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat cook potatoes, covered, in 2 inches boiling water until almost tender, 6 to 8 minutes; drain.
- In large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add mushrooms; saute over high heat until tender and liquid has evaporated; set aside.
- In small bowl combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish with vegetable cooking spray and cover bottom with a layer of potatoes; sprinkle with a little of the flour mixture.
- Add a layer of mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with some of the cheese; dot with butter.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ending with butter; pour milk over.
- Bake 30 minutes until potatoes are tender and top is browned.
- Sprinkle with parsley.