How to Make Home Fries
- Boil potatoes whole for 25 minutes. Drain, fill pot with cool water and set aside until you can handle them easily
- Melt margarine and vegetable shortening in a large skillet, turn burner off.
- Peel potatoes, quarter and slice. Should look like little triangles. Add to pan.
- Dice onions, add to potatoes in pan. Turn burner back on. Move around to combine and distribute evenly in pan
- Add seasoning salt, salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown on one side over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes, turn over, brown on other side. You may put potatoes in a covered casserole dish to keep warm.